Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Spicing up Instant Noodles

The past couple of weeks, the weather here has been unbearably hot and humid. Imagine, even with the air-cond on, you can still perspire - haizz!

So ... being too lazy to go out for lunch on a hot Sunday afternoon and it's really too tiresome to cook an elaborate meal, I turned to my trusted instant noodles. Having bought some of my favourite fishcake at the pasar pagi the previous day, I had those fried and sliced and they made a perfect accompaniment to my noodles!

Since I had also bought some vegetables and fuchook (beancurd skin) the day before, I decided to whip up a fast Vegetables Curry. Cabbage, ladies fingers, brinjals, long beans, tomatoes - these were all cut up and went into the curry pot...

Ahhh... the curried vegetables went very well with my noodles, too! I love the softened fuchook which has absorbed the rich flavours of the curry spices and coconut milk... yumm!

16 comments:

J2Kfm said...

oh me love instant noodles. esp the dry variety ie : Indomie Mee Goreng, or Mee Sedaap. no side dishes required. double mee for instant satisfaction.

Ciki said...

i love fu chok with curry sauce too! yum:P

Food For Tots said...

I luv ur vegetarian curry. Looks so appetizing! Drooling now....Hahaha! Haven't cooked curry yet bcos my son can't take spicy food.

PureGlutton said...

j2kfm: I like the mee goreng instant noodles too. Fave is Koko and Indomie :))

PureGlutton said...

ciki: i luv fuchook in any sauce, hehe! But in curry...yumm! can just eat that alone!

PureGlutton said...

food for tots: u can try curry paste with less chilli/spice for your son, hehe! Must start training them young, to eat hot & spicy food, LOL!

Rebecca Saw said...

Yesss.. I alws take a portion of that curry whenever I hv a meal at any vege restaurant. Yours looks restaurant-worthy! *wink* What a coincidence, I resorted to instant noodles as well yesterday!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wah lazy to cook..also can come up with a pot of vege curry..? RESPECT..!

Precious Pea said...

And you call that lazy???

PureGlutton said...

nomadgourmand: Thanks :-) Simple vege curry goes well with anything! Just eating it on its own is also fulfilling, hehe!

PureGlutton said...

joe: Hehe, not too fussy la - just chop everything up and dump into the curry pot!

PureGlutton said...

P.Pea: Ya, actually it's a "lazy" task... chop and boil only, haha!

fatboybakes said...

i'm confused. the rainbow one is also you right?

i LURVE foo chok...

Argus Lou said...

Wah, looks pretty good lah! Just made roti jala and curry chicken yesterday and now I'm craving for curry again. ;-)

PureGlutton said...

FBB: Yes, "Raynebow" is my other blog, the NON-FOOD blog, hehe! Yep, fuchook rocks!

PureGlutton said...

Argus: Mmm...roti jala & curry chicken sounds great! We certainly love our curries, don't we?!