Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sambal Belacan Ladies Finger

My family is truly a Ladies Fingers or Okra fan!

You would note that a few of my recent cooking posts featured this vegetable. Whenever I go to the market during weekends, I would usually buy Ladies Fingers because it's such a versatile vegetable - you can steam it, curry it or just stir-fry it.

PabloPabla's recipe for Sambal Belacan Ladies Fingers came in handy. As I had some of this from my last marketing trip, I decided to try out this recipe.

This was the result:



As this is also LL's favourite vegetables, he promptly helped finish this dish in double time (with lots of white rice!).

Since this is such a popular dish with my family, I am registering this for the "$100 up for Grabs" competition in "Hochiak! Delicious Asian Food".

3 comments:

J2Kfm said...

slurp-licious.
dunk them in curry still tasty. steam them with onion oil, still good.
cook them with spicy sambal great.
grill them with fish/squids/lala ala Portuguese style = excellent!

PureGlutton said...

j2kfm: looks like u sure do know yr Ladies Fingers eh! Yeah, those are the delicious ways to cook this thing! Good one!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Two entries! :D