Monday, October 20, 2008

Grilled Garlic Salmon

I must say the Jusco Supermarket in 1 Utama sells pretty fresh fish. Their cuts of tenggiri, kurau, stingray, codfish and salmon are always very fresh. Price-wise, they are also very reasonable - in fact, sometime even cheaper than the wet markets!

Last week I bought 2 huge pieces of cut salmon which were super fresh, for RM17. I seasoned them lightly with salt, pepper, teriyaki sauce, sprinkled some chopped garlic on top and grilled them. The result was this:

The salmon was cooked in its own fats (no extra oil needed - very healthy indeed!) and it was perfectly juicy and delicious!

Try this - it only took about 15 minutes of grilling for both sides of the fish - fast, simple and yummy!

8 comments:

J2Kfm said...

last time I used to eat those readily grilled salmon and fried stuff in Jusco supermarket, as they're cheap and lots of variety. hehe ... simple meal, when one was a student.

Nate @ House of Annie said...

Do you know where these salmon were farmed?

PureGlutton said...

j2kfm: hey, now those pre-fried stuff are no longer cheap leh!

PureGlutton said...

nate-n-annie: hmmm, i have no idea where those salmon are from... must find out!

outdoorgriller said...

When I grill fish I put them in a heavy duty foil pouch with all of the ingredients and then I grill for about 15 minutes.If you want some more recipes or if you want to take a look at the collection of tips I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

outdoorgriller said...

When I grill fish I put them in a heavy duty foil pouch with all of the ingredients and then I grill for about 15 minutes.If you want some more recipes or if you want to take a look at the collection of tips I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

PureGlutton said...

Thanks, outdoorgriller! I used alu foil too when grilling the salmon :-) - keeps the juices from flowing out!

goolypop said...

wah.. another recipe to try.. I think i can i think i can ..haha