Monday, April 28, 2008

A Sunday Cookout

Yesterday morning I went to the Subang Jaya wet market for my weekend marketing jaunt. Being in a wet market always makes me "reckless" in my purchases - everything seems so fresh and tempting! As a result, I always tend to over-buy!
So...armed with all the fresh produce bought from the market, I decided to do a cookout...ending up with 5 dishes for dinner! To help eat and/or finish the food, I invited Z over... and she graciously accepted, despite the very short notice.

The menu for the evening was...


Yong Taufu in Beanpaste Sauce

Mui Choy (pickled veg) with Belly-Pork & Water Chestnuts

Fried Spicy Calamari

Curry Pork Ribs

Chicken & Fresh Peas Soup

Brocolli & Carrots (very healthy!)

Despite Z's help, we couldn't finish the food and now there are several containers of them in the fridge. I guess we will have to eat these over the next few days!




No comments: