Thursday, May 15, 2008

Charms

Charms Cafe
S206, 2nd Floor, 1Utama
Bandar Utama
Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-77222206



This cafe certainly has some charming elements in its set-up. They have now put tables and chairs on an elevated platform in front of the outlet with some charming exotic colorful lanterns hanging from bars across the ceiling.

Their new menu is charmingly bound in a wooden cover with 3 cute buttons...

I must be having a Char Kwayteow craze these days...becoz that's what I ordered. The taste of this dish was just right...my complaint was that the cockles were not very fresh (but so far, I'm fine - no tummy upset, haha!). On the whole, it's an acceptable CKT, I would say.

The Green Curry Chicken Rice came with some pickled cucumber + pineapples. According to my colleague, it's "passable". I'm not partial to Green Curry, so I would most probably have skipped this order anyway.


Their Claypot Loh Shee Fun was quite different...in the sense that it was done a'la claypot chicken rice style. I had expected it to be soupy, like most other claypot LSF...but this one was dry, just like the claypot rice. This being a pork-free joint, they used minced chicken meat as the topping. Taste-wise, I'd say it's excellent...only complaint was it's a tad dry.

My favourite was the Fried Gizzie - crispy-fried chicken gizzards! It's coated in a crunchy batter and sprinkled with chopped chilli padi before fried to golden crispiness! Served with a tantalizing piquant sambal belacan sauce, it's just scrumptious!

Our drinks: Iced Green Tea and Ais Cincau Bandung...aren't they colourful?!

Service was fast & friendly...definitely a plus point in any makan place!

2 comments:

wmw said...

Everytime I walk pass this place, I just love looking at those colourful lanterns but never stop by to eat.

PureGlutton said...

Hi wmw, thanks for dropping by! Well, do try out this place if you want a quick no-fuss fast meal! :-)