Thursday, January 17, 2008

Home-cooked Dinner

Last night we had a simple meal at home. I cooked LL’s favourite Kari Ikan Pari. As usual, I put in lots of vegetables - ladies’ fingers, tomatoes and brinjals. And as usual, LL walloped the fish while I went for the vegetables!

Tip: To ensure your ikan pari tastes good, marinate it in some salt and assam jawa. The assam jawa eliminates the fishy smell (which ikan pari tends to have) and at the same time adds a nice sourish tinge to the fish.

A plate of Quick Stir-fry Green Vegetables complemented the spicy curry. The maid plucked an assortment for this dish - we had baby lettuce, thong-hoe and siew pak-choy all tossed together!

Oh, we had Lotus Roots Soup too. Pork ribs, chicken feet and dried sotong were boiled with the lotus roots - yummy!




3 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

this meal is so rewarding.... home cook food!

PureGlutton said...

Hey Big Boys
Thanks for visiting! Yeah, home-cooked meals are always rewarding & minus the ajinomoto! :-)

Christina Kim said...

Home cooked meals...I miss home too!!!:(
I love fish; but too bad I can't take Ikan Pari...
But I love your mix greens!!!:D