Tuesday, June 30, 2009

BestFoodJunction Grand Launch

BestFoodJunction (BFJ) had their grand launch last Thursday - CONGRATULATIONS!

This was the first time I attended such an event - the venue was just a hop and a skip away from my office.

Besides their magazine, BFJ also has a food site where you can read about meal reviews, do e-reservations with certain outlets, get food vouchers/discounts and a host of other food-related ideas. They featured one of my blog posts some time ago.

There were various food tables set up by several outlets for the guests to try out their offerings.

A pretty kimono-clad lass representing her outlet - Yaki Yaki...


Brownies and cookies from the hotel...
Cute yummy stuff from Zen Cafe (of Secret Recipe Group)... quiches...
...strawberry mousse...
...green tea cheesecake... these were really good!
...mango mousse...
I had the opportunity of meeting a few fellow bloggers there: Babe in the City -KL, Simon Says, 3 Meals, and TheNomadGourmand.

It was an enjoyable evening - quite a new experience for me!


Yummy icecream from New Zealand Natural

Note: Some of the photos here are courtesy of my friend Z as I had problem downloading some pics from my camera. Thanks, Z!

Oh, by the way, this is my 201st post - hmmm... didn't realise I have passed the 200-mark! Yayyy!

14 comments:

thule a.k.a leo said...

not anyone is as lucky as you are.. being invited to their launching :)
u don't have to say it but I'm sure that you had a great time meeting people and tasting the delicious offerings there

PureGlutton said...

Leo: Yes, it was something new to me, hehe! Nice meeting fellow food lovers too!

Sugar Bean said...

So many delicious food. The green tea cheesecake do look good. So many desserts, so many to choose from. :)

Unknown said...

LL must be having a good time trying out the ice cream!..

backStreetGluttons said...

congrats on reaching the 200 breaking milestone !

we look forward to the nex 200
then the crowning 2000 junction

cheers to the pure Glutton !

Rebecca Saw said...

yes yes..the green tea one is good!

J2Kfm said...

cool ... if only I'm in KL. :)

Hazza said...

I wish I was there! How do you get invited to these places? I will be in town in 4 weeks ;)

PureGlutton said...

Sugar Bean & TNG: Oh yes, the greentea cheese cake was yummylicious!

PureGlutton said...

Derek: Ya, LL was really enjoying the icecream!

PureGlutton said...

BSG: Thank you! Toast to all food lovers! Reaching the 2000th, wow... that's gonna be a long time, man! :-)

PureGlutton said...

J2Kfm: You have much more food experiences elsewhere! :-))

PureGlutton said...

Hazza: Ooohh...you're coming back soon eh! That's great - it will be makan galore!

Ciki said...

btw, who won the competition? did they announce at the launch ar? ;)