Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sushi Zanmai @ 1U - Part 2

Sushi Zanmai
2nd Floor (New Wing)
1 Utama Shopping Mall
Bandar Utama
Petaling Jaya

I have blogged about this place before - in Part 1. I have been back there a few more times since and would just like to share with you some other items that I have tried.



The "must-have" for my sushi meal...Wasabe...
...Pickled Ginger......a firm favourite: California Roll...

A platter of Mixed Sushi - salmon inari, tamago unagi...
I like sushi wrapped in crispy seaweed skin, or encased in sweet beancurd puffs (inari)...
I love their soft silky smooth beancurd...Agedashi Tofu topped with Unagi....mmmm....

Not to forget their Grilled Saba...crispy skin, sweet tender & bursting with the robust flavour of the mackerel inside...just heavenly!
Super fresh Salmon slices...sitting pretty on a bed of julienne'd radish & seaweed, with a slice of juicy lemon as companion...
More of those Salmon but this platter had slices of Fresh Octopus - a most perfect match!

More of their special sushi...Softshell Crab Sushi...doused prettily with a dash of mayo for that "special effect"...
The yummy Unagi Roll...sprinkled with sesame seeds...

Another version of Unagi Sushi...daintier and refreshingly green with the cucumber stalks!I love Japanese cuisine - not only for their fresh great taste but also for the gorgeous visual feast!
Sushi Zanmai is a firm favourite with many ...if you intend to dine here, either book ahead or be prepared to queue for a table! There's always a long queue, particularly during peak hours.

My rating: 7/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love sushiS alot! Anyway, i am wondering how is the price? Like for instance the Unagi Roll sprinkled with sesame seeds. I'm a big fan of Unagi

Raynebow said...

hi claire: i think that sesame Unagi Roll cost RM6 (don't have the bill with me). Other sushis u get off their conveyor belt are in the range of RM3-6. The special ones, ordered fr the menu, cost a bit more.