Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Office Party

Last Friday, we had a farewell party for a dear colleague who was leaving the company after almost 19 years. It was sad saying goodbye - there were a good number of teary-eyed faces around...but then, I always believe the "end" of something always signifies the beginning of something better to come.

Anyway, I'd like to share with you some of the food (what else!) we had that evening. I engaged this particular caterer as I had tasted their food in a Chinese New Year house party earlier this year and I found them to be very good. They proved their worthiness again at our office do...as everyone commented that their food was excellent! They were very professional too, arriving on-the-dot and set up everything very quickly. I chose their "Stalls" menu - meaning, they set up hawker-style stalls and cooked the food on-the-spot.

This was how they set up the buffet tables and cooking stations at our Terrace:

One of the "star" attractions was the Cha Kway Teow stall. These were the raw ingredients...

The friendly & jovial cook and his assistant - very obliging to all the different requests for Cha Kway Teow preferences ("more taugeh", "more see-ham", "less kway-teow", "no eggs" etc etc!). Everyone enjoyed their customised cha kway teow - fresh & hot from the wok!

Errr...sorry I didn't snap any pic of the cooked cha kway teow! (was too busy running around!) Just take my word that it was really delicious!

The other "hot favourite" was the Fried Chicken Wings. Look at the huge pot of marinated wings...all ready to go into the wok!

I tell you, when they started frying the chicken wings, the yummy-yummy aroma wafted into the whole office (at that time, party belum start, ok!) and my workstation was very close to the Terrace and I beh tahan - had to walk away, to resist the temptation of trying some as they were fried! The chicken wings were very-well marinated (perfect taste!) and fried till crispy on the outside, but oh-s0-tender & juicy inside!

Look at the beautifully-fried wings...(*salivating even now*)....


Ahhh...what is a party without Satay, eh? So, here's the satay man, busy grilling the sticks of tasty morsels...
The Beef and Lamb Satay disappeared in record time!
There were more Chicken Satay though...but they also all disappeared eventually!

These were the other fried items, all fried on-the-spot...Spring Rolls, Samosa, Fishcakes...

...and Fishballs! I didn't get to try these as I was busy with checking things and by the time I checked this stall again - sudah habis!

These were the tummy-fillers...Murtabak + Dhall Curry...

...and Kampung Fried Rice - for those who can't do without rice...(these were also cooked on-the-spot)...

Desserts...ahh...Ice-Kachang...complete with the ice-shaver machine...

Colourful bowls of pretty stuff for the Ice Kachang - would you prefer the rose syrup or the gula melaka?

Nyonya Kueh and Fruits for the sweet bites...to go with the wine perhaps? Oh yes, we had lots of wine that night too!


Update: OK, due to some requests asking which caterer I used, well...I'm sure they won't mind that I give them some free promotion here, hehe!
Please click here if you want to know where all this good food came from! Good things are meant to be shared, right?!


5 comments:

hiongkongkiok said...

OMG! Yau tak tai , moe tak sik.. Moe yum goong ah...........

rainbow angeles said...

hello.. is it ok if you put up the caterer's name & contact number? if not appropriate, then it's ok. food looks good...

Anonymous said...

hey raynebow..advertise the caterer and then get some comm.. haha..u seem to be in charge of everthing.. multitasker u r.. must be good in yr job..

Precious Pea said...

I wonder if my company will throw me a feast like this when i leave. Nah...probably not.

PureGlutton said...

HKK: Have some virtual food lor, hehe!
Rainbow angeles: I have updated the post with the caterer's link. Refer to the bottom of the post please. Trust me, their food is good.
Claire - i advertised oredi but dunno if they will give me any comm or not la, haha! I'm good in arranging for food *wink wink*
Hey P.Pea, u must serve 19 years first lor...then I'm sure they'll throw u a big makan, hehe! :)