Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Roast Chicken

The other day LL remarked that it's been quite some time since I last roasted a chicken and he missed his roast chicken sandwiches. So last Sunday I bought a whole chicken for this very purpose.

The marinade for the chicken is kept simple. I merely use salt, pepper, Coleman's mustard powder and McCormick's garlic powder. Rub all these seasonings over the chicken, inside and out - and leave it to marinade for at least 8 hours - preferably overnight.


Roast the chicken at 180 deg. C for 1 hour, turning it over once or twice, to get an even roast.


After roasting, let the chicken cool down before slicing the meat thinly and they're ready for your sandwiches! That's what I'm gonna have for lunch the next few days!

Of coz you can eat the roast chicken as it is, with some salad and/or mashed potatoes... it's totally up to you! Just make some gravy and pour over it before serving!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wah seems to me LL always get what he want ya

PureGlutton said...

Ya...LL is da boss...haha!

Anonymous said...

yeah..LL is very blessed to hv u to cook whatever he likes.. dont let my kids see yr blog.. they will start to compare..