Thursday, November 27, 2008

OMG - Awards!

Today let's take a break from food blogging.

I am so honoured to have been tagged and given all these awards by VG of "My Household Capers". I never knew blogging also can get so many awards, wahhh!

So, I am proudly displaying all of them here...

I hope my blog brings some "yumminess" to you all :-))

Not sure what "360 degrees" meant here - guess it includes eating, cooking, blogging - all things to do with Food eh!

"Hard Working"... hmmm... I guess I work harder at food blogging than my other real work?? (shhh... don't tell my boss this!)

Creative ahh? I dunno... I try my best lah... still learning lots from all of you out there!


Ahhh... buddies and friendship - I think that's one of the most rewarding sense of satisfaction in blogging - I got to know some great bloggers and totally enjoy reading their nice nice posts. Thanks again to VG for being my buddy and a toast to all blogger friends/buddies out there! Cheers man!


OK... that's not the end to the Awards thingy. Besides getting all these nice recognitions, it seems I have to write something about myself. You know... what they call "meme" kwa... like 7 things about myself. I hope you all won't get bored... anyway, here goes...

7 Things I Say More Often than others:

Lei yau moe kau chor?? (are you kidding??)

Monkey la you! (that’s usually directed at LL)

Monkey dog! (that’s obviously meant for Koji - he’s a dog, not a monkey, in case anyone gets confused. The word “monkey” denotes some irritation lah!)

Haiz…what to do!

Cool.

Shit.

Aha.

(got a few more "flowery" words but can't say here la - after all, this blog is supposed to be rated "Umum" mahh, right?)


7 Things I Did Before:

Worked & lived in crazy-traffic KL.

Shifted to Subang - even crazier traffic.

Got my scuba-diving licence.

Dived in the Similans.

Kinda supervised the renovations of my present house.

Revived my knitting projects & going full steam with them.

Roasted my first-ever siew yook.


7 Things I Do Now:

Happily living in a not-so-crazy-traffic neighbourhood where you can actually get plenty of parking in front of banks, coffee-shops, pasar malam and just about anywhere lah. Quite unbelievable.

Enjoying working life in a spanking new penthouse office with wonderful views.

Blogging - obviously.

Getting back to regular gym workouts after a 3-month hiatus. Enjoying the pain and sore muscles - getting back my masochistic streak.

Knitting ferociously - doing about 5 projects simultaneously.

Making more use of my oven now - baking, roasting, grilling.

Spoiling Koji rotten - he gets more rotten each day.

7 Things I Want to do:

Lose weight, tone up, build up stamina - hopefully all these will happen now that I’m hitting the gym again…aarghhh!

Can’t wait for my holidays in Perth next week.

Go diving - have not dived for more than a year!

Visit my friend Xara in San Francisco.

Take a Refresher course on cake decorating.

Finish my knitting projects - but then after that, will have new ones coming.

Go on more holidays - for that, winning a lottery would come in handy.

7 Things That Attract Me About the Opposite Sex:

Sincerity.

Not egoistic.

Must have wicked sense of humour.

Not sloppy - must have excellent personal hygiene practices.

Good cooking skills.

Nice crinkly smile.

Intelligent & decisive.


7 Favourite Foods:

Assam laksa, Japanese cuisine, yong tau fu, crabs (any style), vegetables, Chinese cuisine, mocha ice-cream

Now, for the final part... I have to pass these awards and meme to other bloggers. *Drum roll*... It gives me great pleasure to award the following nice people:

Precious Pea

Motormouth

FatBoyBakes

Nic-KHKL

A Daily Obssession - Terri

Joe - constantly craving

Christy

Babe in the city - KL

Cumi & Ciki

NomadGourmand

Hehe...so there you go, people... all you award recipients above, this is what you are supposed to do:

*Copy & paste all the awards into your blog post.

*Tell us all about those "7 Things" and more if you like...

*Pass the awards to other bloggers whom you think are deserving, hehe! Leave a message in their blogs to tell them about being tagged / meme'ed honoured!

I'm so looking forward to reading all about you all! :-))



17 comments:

sc said...

wow, that's quite a lot of awards! congrats! *claps, claps, claps*

Rebecca Saw said...

1stly,
CONGRATS! *clap & cheer!* Ur Deserving of them!
And thks for sharing abt urself, feel tat I "know" u better now! and no jams, ease of parking,gd food area? *envy* !!!
Where is this paradise?!
oh my god! did i see myself in ur list!!? arghh! muz share so much ahh? *shy*

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

thumbs up! great job, and more to come.

VG said...

LOL...loved the insight about you. Bored? Not for a minute. It seems 'shit' is making the top 7 words people say all the time! Why am I not surprised?

Knitting and scuba diving? That's an unusual mix. You don't come across as the knitting kind!!! BTW, you must let us know how your holidays pan. Looking forward to that post too.

Love, Vin

Food Promotions said...

Hey,

Found your blog while doing blog hopping. nice blog.

Do come and visit us at www.foodpromotions.blogspot.com

see u there

Ju Ann said...

hey great job! I've always liked coming by to your foodie blog!! :)

PureGlutton said...

sc: thank you! :-))

PureGlutton said...

nomadgourmand: thank u :)
Yes, got this almost-paradise, lol! It's called Kemuning - but may not have too much good food la. Look forward to knowing u better in doing this meme & awards :)

PureGlutton said...

terri: thanks :) Looking forward to your response :)

PureGlutton said...

VG: thanks to u :) What does the "knitting kind" look like eh?:P Yeah i do like doing an odd variety of things... maybe becos i'm an odd person, lol! Do check out my other blog about my "oddness", hehe!
http://raynebows.blogspot.com

Oh yes, i will definitely blog about my holiday later!

PureGlutton said...

Food Promotions: Thanks. I checked out your blog briefly - wow, got nice promos there! Wonderful!

PureGlutton said...

JuAnn: Thank u! Please come more often :)

Precious Pea said...

Oh dearr...you and terri of hungerhunger tagged me on the same thing. Ok ok..let me put up my pillow tonite and start thinking!

Anonymous said...

P.Pea: Looking forward to your post about this then! :)

Penang Tua Pui said...

hmm... what a great awards.. but none of them is on us... we need to work harder then.....

PureGlutton said...

Pg Tua Pui: I'm sure u deserve the awards too :) Just that i couldn't tag so many people, hehe!

Babe_KL said...

congrats on the awards and thanks for bestowing on me but sorry i'm not up to memes. thanks again.