Monday, July 21, 2008

Dave's Deli @ 1U

Dave's Deli has been around the Klang Valley for many years and I'm sure almost everyone knows about them. Now, if you think the food taste the same in every outlet, then you're pretty much wrong. I used to think that too. The menu may be the same but certainly, the portions and taste differ from outlet to outlet.

One of the best outlets - in terms of portions and taste, is surely the one in 1 Utama. Compared to other outlets (eg the one in Subang Parade - sucky!), the 1U outlet comes up tops! It's no wonder that whenever I need a chicken fix, I head to this place.

My lunch today was...

Wild Mushroom Soup (RM6.50)... came with a generous slice of garlic toasted baguette. The soup was creamy (without being overpowering) and the wholesome taste of mushrooms was very evident in every delicious spoonful. Dip the crispy garlic toast in ...yums!

Ahhh...the Roast Chicken (RM14.50) was delightfully infused with rosemary, thyme and black pepper. The quarter piece of chicken, roasted golden brown sat on a generous portion of brown gravy...and look at the amount of side dishes given! Can't see clearly?
Here is a better view...there was a huge dollop of coleslaw, mashed potatoes, crunchy cauliflower, snow peas, carrots and thick slices of baked potatoes...
A very hearty meal indeed!

My rating: 7/10... I keep going back for my chicken fix! But, it's only at the 1U outlet, OK...not any other outlet!

No comments: